Director, 360 Engagement:
To start, here are some things that come to mind when I try to define myself:
- A single parent
- A good friend
- Never one to travel a straight path to anywhere
- Passionate and dedicated
- Having physical limitations has had no impact on my ability to achieve and has helped me to explore what can be achieved and understood whatever your ability
- On the path to exploring my soul journey and learning how we are all connected – and using this understanding to have a positive impact
Things I am most proud of:
- My strong minded and wise beyond words son, who is also excelling at being a teenager!
- My business, 360 Engagement and the people I work with
- Have achieved my Law Masters and BSc(Hons) degree in a non-traditional way (I studied both through distance learning, later in life)
- Being able to take care of my son and myself financially independently, even though this has sometimes been a challenge and being self-employed, a great leap of faith in myself
- Keeping a balance in all things, particularly between work and the other bits of life
- Keeping a sense of perspective when bringing up a teenage son, who also is never one to travel a straight path to anywhere!
- Not letting my inbox dictate my day
Opportunities to engage with pupils and staff at Horizon:
- Speaking to larger groups is fine
- One to one coaching / mentoring sessions
- Speaking to smaller groups
- Working more strategically with Horizon to link in with the community development work we are engaged in along with other public sector services.